Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
- Restart your computer to close the unnecessary backend programs and build enough room for AOL Gold to operate smoothly.
- Scan your machine to make sure no Trojan, worms, or virus is present. However, if you discover malicious software, instantly remove it. Otherwise, your AOL Gold is going to freeze.
- Next, make sure your phone has high-speed, stable Internet access.
- If the problem remains, go to AOL Gold software files and attempt to start the program from the icon.
If this move solves your freezes problem with AOL Gold, substitute the ancient AOL Gold icon on your desktop.
See directions below for the Internet that will not enable you to access ADG freely:
- If AOL continues to lock, perform the backup and restore process from your computer to get the operating system in its prior condition.
- In the event that AOL freezes in IE11, then, reinstalls or repairs IE11 or any other browser you use.
Solution 2: Download & Run AOL Desktop Gold in Compatibility Mode
- Download from a trusted source AOL Desktop Gold (updated version).
- To pick its Properties, save the AOL Gold Installation file on your computer.
- Then, select the Compatibility mode and select the option “Enter this program in the compatibility mode.” Next, press the Download Box and select the past OS.
- Tap OK and attempt to re-install AOL Gold.
Solution 3: Run AOL Desktop Gold as Administrator
- Right-click on the AOL Desktop Gold icon.
- Choose’ Run as Admin’ from the drop-down list option.
Note: Do not carry out this shortcut icon action.
- Right-click on AOL Desktop Gold and select characteristics.
- Tap the Shortcut tab on the window opened.
- Click on the’ Advanced’ tab and verify the option’ Execute as Administrator.’
- Save these settings and attempt to restart AOL Gold.
Continue the troubleshooting method for problems still not solved.
Solution 4: Run System Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Open Control Panel for this.
- In the top-right search field, type’ System’ and hit ENTER.
- To see your device specifications, click on the’ System’ option in the primary window.
- Compare the one in the window with the specs (below):
- Operating system 10 or Windows 7/8/8.1
- IOS version 10
- System Processor 266MHz or faster
- Screen Resolution 1068*768 or greater
- RAM 512 MB (approx.)
Solution 5: Update AOL Desktop Gold
- pen the Start menu and navigate the computer’s search base.
- Type update and click on Windows Update
- Now, go to Change Settings and choose’ Important Updates’ heading.
- Then pick the box’ Automatically install the update.’
- Then select the AOL Desktop Gold box for significant and suggested updates.
- Save the modifications once the method is complete.
Solution 6: Fix Corrupt AOL desktop software
- Open the Start button control panel.
- Navigate to the option Programs and Features.
- Scroll to top and press Uninstall. Click AOL Desktop Gold and scroll to top.
- After the process is finished, restart your laptop.
- Then download AOL Desktop Gold again and reinstall it on your phone.
When the process is over you will see a new AOL gold icon on your desktop. But, if you have difficulty with your AOL icon, learn how to solve the AOL Desktop Gold icon.
AOL Gold still freezes and disturbs you?
Then visit Install aol desktop gold for more info